Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Cranberry Jell-O

Mom used to make this for Thanksgiving all the time. Our family doesn't typically love cranberry items, so a lot of the time there would be leftovers of it. Consequently, this recipe was eventually abandoned as we got older. I think that Mom should make it now because I bet that my brother-in-law Noj would really like it. I still wouldn't like it, though, because I'm generally opposed to celery.

Cranberry Jello from Mom (originally from Joan M.)

1 large package cherry Jell-O
1 c jellied cranberry sauce, melted
1 c diced celery
1 c chopped walnuts
1 c crushed pineapple, drained

Dissolve the package of cherry Jell-O in 2 cups hot water. Stir in melted cranberry sauce. Stir in celery, walnuts, and crushed pineapple. Pour liquid into an 8 x 11 x 2 inch glass pan. Chill for a few hours until set. Serve in squares on a lettuce leaf.

No comments:

Post a Comment